I forgot to unplug my laptop power cord this morning. No big deal, I was on my way to breakfast in the hotel.
But another hotel guest was inquiring about a forgotten power adapter he left in his room when he checked out. The clerk produced two heaping plastic tubs (think carry on luggage size) of forgotten power cords and adapters. "These are just from the last two months," said the clerk.
Power adapters and charging cables are the life's blood of our beloved wireless gadgets. I have four plugged in cables charging right now.
The i Phone is recharging. As is the digital camera battery. I'm transferring photos to a photo hard disk and the laptop is plugged in. That's four very important connections for me. Once powered up, I'll be ready for another wireless day of communications.
Replacing a forgotten charger or adapter may cost $15 dollars. It is a time sucking hassle to stop whatever you are doing and locate a replacement. But chances are you will only discover the missing charging cable when you need it again. So that forgotten power connector can bring your work flow or fun to a dead stop.
Remember to take your power supply.
You have to have it and the hotel staff doesn't want it.
1 comment:
Well, I never thought about that, but yes, they're easy to miss.~~Dee
Post a Comment